Our 1 Year Spokanniversary: August-December (part 2)

August 2015

August was smokey & dry here in the Inland Northwest. With many wildfires burning all across Washington, we tried to limit our outdoor time, but still got in a day of floating on Coeur D’Alene lake and did some teepee “glamping” for a few days at the end of August on Lake Pend Oreille. Joe was in Alaska for the majority of August on his first mission as an active duty AF pilot. Buster and I got in a few hikes and walks, but we mostly stayed indoors avoiding the harsh air. I also made my first Craigslist purchase and bought a big red canoe, just in time for our camping trip at the end of August 😉


Floating on Lake Coeur D’Alene



Daily Walks at Holmberg





Saltese Uplands Day Hike


Our Canoe


Teepee Camping in Idaho

September 2015

September turned out to be my favorite month yet of living in our new PNW home. We celebrated Buster’s 3rd birthday with treats and a birthday steak.

A few days later we were off for #LaborDaveWeekend at the Gorge. Joe and I LOVE seeing Dave Matthews Band live and seeing him live at the Gorge, 3 days in a row was incredible and unlike any other concert experience! Just the “GorgeOUS” setting of the Gorge – hehe – took my breath away seeing it for the first time. You step out onto the lawn and it feels like you’re stepping out onto the edge of the world along this beautiful river canyon.




The lawn area is all downward sloping creating the natural amphitheater, which produced the best acoustics of any concert I had ever been to. Watching the sun set every night over the Columbia River Gorge was a little pre-show magic before the stars came out and Dave came on.

Night 1 – September 4, 2015



Night 1 Set List


Photo credit: @davematthewsband on Instagram

Night 2 – September 5, 2015





Night 2 Set List


Photo credit: @davematthewsband on Instagram

The drive from Ellensburg to the Gorge


Vantage Bridge & the Columbia River Gorge


Wild Horses Monument


Night 3 – September 6, 2015


Night 3 Set List


Photo credit: @davematthewsband on Instagram

Each night was amazing, but Sunday, the final night, was by far my favorite and will forever hold a special place in my heart. With a 26 minute long Two Step encore, how could it not? 😉

Here’s a short video I compiled of a few of the songs from the three nights. Now, I don’t claim to be a videographer, so it’s unedited, a bit shaky, and quickly strung together, but it’s a little slice of the magic that is #LaborDaveWeekend at the Gorge.

LaborDaveWeekend2015 from Amanda Roy on Vimeo.

Night 1: “Bartender” & “Warehouse”
Night 2: “Everyday” & “Too Much”
Night 3: “Crush” & “Dancing Nancies” & “Two Step”

The rest of September was all about savoring the first hints of fall before Joe’s first deployment. We celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at a downtown restaurant called Mizuna and Joe surprised me with our own custom-made wedding bands made at Pounder’s Jewelry here in Spokane. We had been married in and using Joe’s parents old wedding bands, which I loved and are so special. I’m not an extravagant gal, so I was looking for something simple.  I had been wanting a nature inspired band, so I went with a twisted vine design. One interlacing band of tiny diamonds and a second band of white gold woven together. Joe’s band is matching white gold with a matte center.

September 15, 2012 – We were babies


Anniversary Dinner at Mizuna


Wax Casts of Our New Wedding Bands


Final Rings ?


We also went to the County Fair, did some apple picking at Greenbluff, savored the crisp air and first tastes of Fall, and went on daily walks with Buster.

Fall Walks




Spokane County Fair


Apple Picking at Greenbluff



Fall Scenes at Home


October 2015

We said our first deployment good-byes and life was odd and empty for the first few weeks without Joe here, but Buster and I made do keeping each others company.

We found a new routine and went on many walks. I painted the dining room and spent most of my days working on the shop and preparing for the Holiday season.




We also went on our first solo hike to the summit of Mt. Spokane. Something I had been fearful of doing on my own, but after several weeks indoors working on holiday shop preparations, I was desperate for some inspiration. My soul needed a long hike and so we headed out on our final long hike of the season before Winter.




It was a beautiful, peaceful day. The yellow larches were showing off their bright hues and eerie fog hovered over the mountain sides with the occasional sun beam breaking through, casting incredible light over the evergreen hills. I’m really hoping to do this hike again this summer with Joe and Buster and do some huckleberry hunting.






Halloween was a few days later and I celebrated by carving a couple of pumpkins, giving out candy to trick or treaters, eating some of the said candy 😉 , roasting pumpkin seeds and watching Hocus Pocus.



November 2015

We savored the very last bits of Fall before Winter and I started filling orders and preparing like a mad woman for Holiday Season 2015.

Lots of coffee was needed in November

Alleyway outside of my favorite downtown coffeeshop, Atticus.

Lots & lots of Holiday shop preparations

At the beginning of November, I went to a weekend craft getaway at a friend’s lake house, who I had met at Be Crafty Workshop in Friday Harbor. It was a rainy weekend on Lake Roosevelt and I got to meet some awesome ladies. We had good wine, food & conversation. And of course, we crafted our little hearts out.



You name it, we crafted it. If I remember clearly, on Saturday we spent around 10 hours craft marathoning and chatting the day away. It was a nice refresh to finally sit down and craft something for myself. It had been f-o-r-e-v-e-r since I last did.




A couple days after I had gotten back from the craft weekend, a terrible windstorm hit Spokane. I remember reading the warnings online and asking myself, how bad could this impending windstorm be? So I didn’t take it seriously at all. It was in the late afternoon, the weather had turned and it had started getting very, very windy very quickly. I was upstairs getting ready to make dinner when I heard a massive crack. I thought a power box had exploded. I ran to look outside our front windows and our neighbor’s tree top had broken off and fallen into our road.



At that point, I grabbed Buster, a couple flashlights, some snacks and headed to the basement. We lost power shortly after. Having seen the aftermath of our neighbor’s tree break off at the top, I was so scared that our trees in the backyard were going to break and fall straight on top of our house. From the basement, I kept hearing the wind howling, power boxes exploding/trees breaking all around me. And at any second, expecting a huge, ground-shaking crash from one of our trees breaking and falling into our new house. It was terrifying to say the least. Terrifying, mostly, because I was by myself and had no idea what to do if indeed a tree came crashing into our house.

Thankfully, that did not happen and Buster and I and our house survived the November 2015 windstorm without a scratch. I was so thankful. Especially after seeing the damage the next day all around our neighborhood.

Many downed trees at a nearby park


Our massive trees survived the storm ? ? ?


We huddled in our house without heat or power for 5 days, sleeping in the basement in front of the fireplace to try to stay warm through the cold nights without heat or power. I was so thankful for a gas powered hot water heater and warm showers.



The unfortunate thing was that the windstorm did happen during the busy holiday sales season for my handmade business and I was getting far behind in orders. I could make my maps without power, but I needed an internet connection to communicate with buyers, print off labels, and make a few templates for custom orders.

After the 5th day of no power, and little work accomplished because I was living in a 45 degree house and freezing, I checked myself and Buster into a hotel up the road. We slept in warmth for the first time in 5 days and I was able to get some work done.


I stayed in the hotel for the majority of day 6 as there was still no power when I went to check on the house in the morning, but thankfully come evening, the power was finally back on at the house! We packed up, drove back home, and turned the heater on!

The next morning we woke up to our first snow in the PNW! First snows are my favorite, so of course Buster and I went out for a walk and came back to a cozy and warm home 🙂


Clearly first snows are Buster’s favorite too ?


Thanksgiving was a couple days later. I was still getting back to normal after the windstorm so I decided to stay home to get some work done on the many orders that got delayed from the windstorm. I made myself a Cornish game hen with stuffing, talked to Joe and family over the phone and continued to be thankful for our little family, our safety and health, and our unscathed home.

IMG_1665 IMG_1670

On Black Friday, I went on the hunt for a local U-pick Christmas tree on Greenbluff. Hansen’s Orchard had so many different varieties to choose from.

I didn’t have Joe with me to help me chop down a tree, so the nice guys working there helped me cut down the tree I chose, loaded it onto their tractor and brought it over to my car. They had free coffee/hot cocoa where you paid and they even do a military discount 🙂 I love supporting local farms!

December 2015

December meant serious crunch time for holiday orders. I decorated the tree and our mantle. I was so excited to decorate the mantle for the holidays! It was my first time ever having a mantle or a fireplace, so during the holidays, it was extra special.





I squeezed in a few daily winter walks with Buster and sent out Christmas cards.

Buster’s just so photogenic in the snow ? ❄️




I got a new light fixture for the dining room, which I am still obsessed with: a mid-century modern Sputnik ?


In between getting all my orders out, I was cleaning, painting and preparing for the arrival of my little brother, who was visiting us for a month from Brazil, and Joe, who would be getting back from his deployment a couple days later. It was so good to see Davi again after almost a year!



And of course, having Joe back home after his first deployment! Joe’s absence was hard at times, but once I got into a routine, it went by in a flash. Even though we were apart for Thanksgiving, I was so grateful that he was back in time for Christmas <3


Mid-December was snowy, slow & cozy. We celebrated Christmas together with presents and good food.



Christmas Feast



Buster’s Christmas Duckie



We spent the last few days of 2015 watching movies, playing in the snow, going for snowy walks and sledding at our nearby park.


Most terrifying snowman award (Joe was proud)




Sledding Times


All in all, a great ending to a great year!

…part 3 (January-April 2016) to come…

Our 1 Year Spokanniversary: April-July (part 1)

Goodness it’s been a while! The hustle and bustle continues and this little corner of life is all too easily the first to be forgotten. While I’m slowly working to make sure that I give this newbie blog of mine a bit more attention, I know that blogging with consistency is something that I want to work and move towards. For starters, you may have noticed that I bought my own domain and moved my blog from wordpress.com to my own self-hosted site (huzzah!) I’m also in the process of building my own storefront on this site to sell my cork board maps and other goodies that I have been dreaming up. Freedom to run my own site and store is something I have been wanting for a long while now and it’s finally starting to take shape YAY!

Today I figured I would jump in and talk about our first year in Spokane. It’s crazy to think that this past Saturday marked our one year Spokanniversary! Goodness, I love this new city of ours like no place I have ever lived! So we will start at the beginning: April 23, 2015.

After an adventure-filled weeklong road trip from Oklahoma to Washington in our not so reliable Jetta, we finally made it to Spokane! That week on the road exploring Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Park, and just generally trying to make it to our final destination in the not so flat terrain of the Rockies in our rickety-old Jetta deserves its own blog post!

Any who, April 23, 2015 was the day we made it cross-country in our mighty little Jetta. Before this road trip, the Jetta had brought us from New Hampshire to Oklahoma. In what would be its final road trip before its untimely death, the Jetta held on and brought us 2,300 miles from Altus, Oklahoma to Spokane!IMG_4012

April 2015

Our first month in Spokane, we lived in temporary lodging at Fairchild, while we waited to close on our first house. The first month was filled with Spokane exploration. We hiked many of our now favorite trails, including Riverside State Park, Dishman Hills/Iller Creek, Liberty Lake, Hog Lake & Tubbs Hill in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. We explored Greenbluff (an agricultural community just outside the city) and Manito Park, and ate so much delicious food! We were basically in heaven, coming from desolate Oklahoma where you had to drive into a city 45 min -1.5 hours to get a good meal and shop at Target.

Riverside State Park







Tubbs Hill, Coeur D’Alene, Idaho






Dishman Hills





Hog Lake




Liberty Lake Loop







TLF Living


IMG_5016 IMG_5165

May 2015

At the end of May, we moved into our new to us home and off base for the first time in 2 years! While living on base was easy, convenient and made sense while Joe was still in pilot training, I am so happy we decided to live off base for this season of our lives. I honestly don’t think I would love Spokane as much as I do if we had decided to live on base. I am enjoying the freedom that comes with owning our own home and not having to adhere to the many rules and regulations of living on base.

[Blog post on our home tour & home progress to come!]


Just under a week after we moved into our house, I left on a little weekend getaway to the west side of Washington for a Be Crafty Workshop! Now, I’m not going to lie, it was a little scary and out of my comfort zone for me to leave on this trip by myself in a completely new to me state, but I’m so glad I stuck with it and went! Getting there was an adventure in itself. I took an 8 hour train ride from Spokane to Seattle, which was absolutely amazing!! A National Park Service guide on board giving us a natural history tour of what we were seeing out our train windows. An opportunity I would not have gotten if I had decided to take the 50 minute plane ride over to Seattle. It was wonderful to see the gorgeous scenery of the Washington interior and coast and learn about our new state shortly after arriving.




When I arrived in Seattle, I rented a car, and drove 1.5 hours up to Anacortes, WA, where I would be taking the Ferry the next day to the Workshop location: Friday Harbor on San Juan Island!

I took a late morning ferry and spent the afternoon solo exploring San Juan Island. After a quick lunch in downtown Friday Harbor, I drove up the coast to Lime Kiln Point State Park. This Park is famously known as “Whale Watch Park” because of the many whale sightings off its coast. I didn’t see any that day, but little did I know that about 10 months later, I would be on a whale watching tour with Joe and seeing a pod of Orcas just a few miles from this very spot!!




The Workshop was in two words: the. dreamiest. It was located in an abandoned barn and decorated to perfection by the amazing ladies that hosted it: Amanda Rydell, Sara Parsons, Ashley Campbell & Lesley Zellers. I had met Lesley at a previous workshop I had attended in Arkansas at Natalie Freeman’s cute farm (@nataliecreates on Instagram) when we were still living in Oklahoma, so it was such a treat to get to see her again! And of course, meet the rest of the dream team/famous IGers eeeep! And craft our little hearts out! l also met some amazing ladies who attended the workshop and who I still keep in touch with through social media! I went to the Be Crafty Workshop very much out of my comfort zone, by myself and knowing no one attending, and left San Juan Island with a new group of girlfriends 🙂






Photo credit: Sara Parsons || Photo source: www.becraftyworkshop.com

June 2015

June was all about setting up our new house, hikes, swim lessons with Buster, farmers markets, sunsets, getting a new, working car! And of course, The Farm Chicks Antiques Show at the start of June! Upon moving to Spokane, I had been hearing so much about the Farm Chicks, I was so happy to finally be able to check it out! It was a junkers paradise! All the booths and displays were incredible and I just wanted to stand there and stare at every little detail. But alas, it was mobbed haha! I did go both days though and found a few treasures! I’m so excited for Farm Chicks combined with Be Crafty Workshop this year! EEeeep! Just over a month until the happiest show on Earth!!


River Days at Riverside State Park


Our New Jeep

Farmer’s Market Rainier Cherries


Farmer’s Market Huckleberries


Summer Solstice Sunset at High Drive Park

Swim Lessons at Bear Lake




July 2015

We decided to paint our kitchen cabinets at the beginning of July. A task, I am embarrassed to admit, we still have not completed. We finished one side of the kitchen, but the pantry and fridge side, still need lots of love and attention. Maybe a year later we will finally finish! Haha! It has been a serious challenge to stay inside and do house projects when we live in such an amazing place!



We put up a wallpaper accent wall, went to the dog park a few last times before swearing off dog parks 😛 , celebrated 4th of July downtown, hung out at Manito Park, found our favorite daily walk park up the road from us, hiked Mount Spokane for the first time, and found the dreamiest sunflower field just 25 minutes up the road from us.

Spokanimal Dog Park


Completed Wallpaper Accent Wall

4th of July at Riverfront Park, Downtown Spokane





Holmberg Park



Manito Park




Farmer’s Market Goodies


Mount Spokane




Deer Park Sunflower Field





…to be continued…

Teepee Camping in Idaho

It’s been a wonderfully busy, full speed ahead first few months in our new state. We bought our first home, for starters. We are slowly working to make it our own through several home improvement projects. It’s a work in progress and we’ve pushed some projects back onto the back burner so that we could play and explore our new PNW home during these last few weeks of summer. I’m hoping to post a house tour to the blog soon once it’s a little more orderly ; )

This past week we drove up to Lake Pend Oreille in Idaho to go on a rad little camping adventure (edit: glamping, more like). We stayed on a private lakeside camp site complete with teepee, mini fridge, private dock, hot outdoor shower, privacy fence (perfect so Buster wouldn’t get out) and covered picnic table. It was pure bliss. A little slice of heaven that filled my soul to the brim : )



Even with the smoke and haze from the Washington wildfires, Lake Pend Oreille still maintained its magical beauty.



Everything about the camp site was a dream. And the owners, Billie and Mike were so sweet! They even brought us a couple of beers from their local brewery. We got talking and found out that Mike was a private pilot. It was fun talking about planes with them and a fun coincidence that Joe and Mike had piloting in common : )







We were able to score a canoe on Craigslist for $150 a few weeks before this trip. We definitely lucked out!



Even Buster started to like the canoe and took a few cat naps on it : )

Swimming and being in the water, on the other hand, not so much…

These next two photos pretty much sum up Buster’s feelings about swimming. He loves that ball too!

IMG_7866 IMG_7867

“I need it. Too far. Nope. Never mind. It’s gone : ( ”

Oh Buster. He needs a swimming doggy to teach him to swim lol.

Morning coffee while watching the sunrises come up over the mountains was one of our favorite rituals of this trip.



We grilled, took in the gorgeous views, went into town for some huckleberry ice cream, paddled, napped, relaxed on the dock, jumped off the dock, and slept under the stars in an amazing teepee on the water. This place was such a gem it was hard to leave.





Overall, an epic first camping trip in my book! We cannot wait for our next camping adventure : )

New Year’s Resolution (in a nutshell) – My One Word for 2015

I’m the kind of person that makes countless little lists of all the small and big things I want to accomplish over the year, week, or day. The majority of the not so pressing bullet points fade into a distant afterthought as time progresses and the craziness of life takes hold.

This year I wanted to try something new. Inspired by some of my favorite bloggers, I’ve decided to give #onelittleword a whirl. In 2015, my heart is set on balance. Creating a balanced & intentional focus on life in the new year.

Until a short time ago, balance seemed a fickle enough concept to easily dismiss. With all my brain space being occupied by my to-do list & other seemingly pressing responsibilities. There was no time for reflection. But lately, I finally realized I’ve been neglecting what I crave most: creating a balanced, intentional & healthy lifestyle.

A few facets I hope to cultivate balance in, in 2015 –
In work and family life;
In physical & emotional well being;
In simplifying the clutter & practicing frugality, in order to lead a more intentional & meaningful life;
In practicing self love over self deprecation;
In stepping outside of that warm & toasty comfort zone;
In not sweating the small stuff;
In gratitude & contemplation;
In saying no sometimes, in order to say yes to what matters.

Through all of life’s little storms and through smooth sailing, I hope to pursue balance this year and make those small, but meaningful everydays count.

Happy 2015, friends!

“Happiness is not a matter of intensity, but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony.”

– Thomas Merton

Our next adventure


Tomorrow is a big day for us. We finally find out which plane Joe will fly and where we will be stationed next! I can hardly believe it! Joe has worked so diligently to complete pilot training, and while these two years in Oklahoma haven’t been the easiest, I feel immensely blessed to be here with him and am so proud of how much he’s accomplished. Now, onward to our next adventure with a hearty yes!

Christmas Scenes









What a busy season it’s been!

Now that the holiday season is winding down a bit, I hope I am not so horrible at keeping up this blog in the coming year! Here are some highlights of what we’ve been up to these last few months.

The end of October greeted us with news of Joe’s track select – he tracked T1s and will be flying heavies in the near future.




However, a broken foot soon after track select pushed him back two classes. The up-side: a month’s vacation.

I got accepted to my first-ever craft show, Indie Emporium in Tulsa.


Joe worked his butt off helping me with preparations for it.






We went back to New Hampshire for Thanksgiving. A wonderful few days with family and friends.




Got our first decent-sized Christmas tree.


Buster likes to give it the occasional kiss.


Indie Emporium was a success for a first-time craft show! Loved meeting new people and getting to see so many talented, local vendors.




Spotted one of my Instagram photos in the Indie Emporium gallery!



Huge thanks to my hubby and partner in crime for all his help! Could not have done it without you!



I can now check off “participate in a craft show” off my bucket list! A great way to end the year!

New Hampshire Getaway

Fall is finally here! Which means crisp air, turning leaves and pumpkin spice lattes! October also means we’ve been in Oklahoma for a year now. Can’t believe how quickly time has flown! Joe completed T6s almost two weeks ago now and we set off for a much needed New Hampshire getaway last Friday.

We’re so glad we got to get back for a little bit to spend time with family and enjoy the peak of the Fall season. It’s hard to believe how much we took for granted while we lived there. Living in Oklahoma has given us a newfound appreciation of New England, its beauty and convenient proximity to everything you could want from a place. Beaches, mountains, lakes, and major cities; all within an hours drive away. Ah New England, you really can’t get more awesome.


Because our time there was short, the plan was to get some New England activities into our schedule. We started off our first full day with a trip to UNH for our hangover ritual JB from Franz’s. One of the best parts of college without a doubt. Reluctant Sunday morning wake-ups after a weekend of drinking was only made possible by the glowing promise of a delicious JB breakfast burrito – an orgasmic combination of eggs, hash browns, bacon and ketchup wrapped in a flour tortilla. YUM.



Apple picking at Applecrest Farms was another must. We lucked out and picked a beautiful day for it. Started off our morning right with some cider donuts and apple cider. Mm mm. I’ve never been much of a donut fan, but LOVED their famous cider donuts. Their slight crunch and subtle sweetness of cider made them oh so delicious. A perfect quick snack before heading off to the orchards for some apple picking.





After we filled our bag with all the varieties of apples, we grabbed a quick lunch – hamburgers and calm chowder – and made our way to the coast. Being land-locked in Oklahoma sure does make you miss the ocean. And fresh seafood.






Next stop: Portsmouth. I love how unique Portsmouth is. There’s really nothing quite like it anywhere. Brick buildings, the salty harbor breeze, all the awesome little shops and great dining. It’s the quintessential New England town and I miss it so when in Oklahoma.




We made sure to eat at our two favorite restaurants in Portsmouth: Flatbread’s and The Friendly Toast. Hands down best pizza and best breakfast places. I love that Flatbread uses organic, locally sourced ingredients and cooks their pizza in a brick oven. It’s a bit pricey, but the care they put into getting such awesome ingredients makes for the tastiest pizza I’ve ever eaten.



The Friendly Toast, on the other hand, is a quirky, little breakfast joint that has the best and biggest toast (the Jalapeño-Chedder toast is highly recommended!) and amazing omelets. They are the only place I know of that adds cashews, pecans and other nuts to their omelets (one word: amazing). Their portions are pretty huge so Joe and I would usually share if we weren’t feeling like a big breakfast.

Hiking was another activity high on the list. Joe and I love to hike and since there are hardly any mountains in Oklahoma, the absence of weekend hikes has left a small hole in our hearts. We set aside a morning/early afternoon for a quick hike in the lakes region. It was a beautiful Fall day. There’s nothing quite like being surrounded by a forest of deep oranges, reds and yellows, leaves littering the ground. The slightest rustle of wind would come through the trees and fallen leaves would dance their way to the ground. Fall hikes are the best hikes. We even encountered a cute little snake friend!




A few other highlights from our stay:

Lobster rolls from The Tuckaway Tavern


Catching up with friends <3


Walking around the beautiful UNH campus


Quick stop by the Lamprey River to admire the foliage


And last but not least, the adorably feisty Milo


It was a successful and relaxing trip to say the least! Already missing it like crazy!

September Updates and Internet Favorites

As September rapidly winds down to a close, I realize that we’ve been in Oklahoma for almost a year! That went by fast. While it hasn’t been the most eventful month, September has flown by just as quickly as this year has. The first weekend of September, Buster and I kept each other company while Joe set off to do his cross country. He left Friday afternoon for San Antonio, TX. They were initially planning on going to Houston the next night, but due to weather they flew up to Dallas and back again to San Antonio before coming home Sunday evening.

Parked T6s in Dallas

In flight

The most exciting part of Joe being done with his cross country is that he is so close to being finished with T6s! He passed his instruments check ride about a week ago and has his formation check ride and two low level flights before he is completely finished. The next big event is track select on October 21st!

As for me, it’s become very clear that I was not raised in the South. While I love living here with Joe and having our own place to call home, Enid, Oklahoma leaves a lot to be desired, especially for my career and future in the environmental field. I hope our next move brings us closer to a major city with more wealth of opportunities. However, in the meantime, I am grateful that I’ve found things to keep me busy. My Etsy shop has been more successful than I had ever imagined. I’m coming up on my 50th sale! I also applied to my first craft show in December! I hear back if I’m accepted on October 7th (fingers crossed!)

I’m looking forward to the weekend and hoping to go into the city tomorrow. We haven’t gotten out of Enid at all this month and we definitely need to! We’ll also be watching the final episode ever of Breaking Bad on Sunday! Can’t believe our favorite show is ending 🙁


Here are some of my favorite finds from around the web to close out the week:

Dying to try this Fall recipe with some antibiotic-free pork!

Amazing new Chipotle ad makes me love them even more <3

This video makes me wish I could be a bird.

These candles smell amazing! Can’t wait to try the Fall seasonal!

This makes me want to jump in some leaves with Buster (hurry up and be Fall Oklahoma!)

Have a great weekend! Xo

Buster Turns 1!

September has gotten off to a busy start! Last Monday was Buster’s first birthday. We were lucky it fell on Labor Day, so we could be home to spend the day with him. There hasn’t been a dull moment in Buster’s first year of existence. He’s evolved from a tiny, shy and scared puppy to a 60 lb. rambunctious and lovable guard dog. He’s been a handful at times and his insatiable desire to eat everything including rocks, grass, dirt, chew toys and paper towels to name a few) has gotten him into trouble several times. We jokingly doubted he would make it to 1 with all his trouble-making tendencies, but we are happy he did! Our lives would be boring and incomplete if Buster wasn’t there to spice it up with his ridiculous personality. To celebrate his 1 year of life and our joy of being the owners of a truly unique dog, I made him a birthday cake and Joe prepared him a steak. He’s so spoiled, but we love him that much <3




A few oldies and newer photos in my attempt to capture his dazzling personality.









Our Buster <3